The goal of the DISD Instructional Technology is to help teachers effectively integrate technology into the curriculum to promote academic excellence and student engagement with technology.
ROLE OF THE INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT:
- Supports classroom teachers and students in the use of technology in the classroom
- Distributes timely information to staff on new technology tools
- Plans and conducts training for a variety of district employees, ranging from district administrators to school staff members
- Researches new hardware, software and educational technology resources for teachers and makes recommendations on their acquisition for the district
- Participates in planning, implementation, and support of new instructional technology initiatives in the district
- Works with curriculum and content area staff to determine instructional technology needs
- Serves teachers by looking for specific technology resources as requested
SEE THE LIST OF RESOURCE PAGES IN THE LEFT-HAND MENU FOR RESOURCES, TOOLS, AND TUTORIALS FOR THE CLASSROOM.