The goal of the DISD Instructional Technology is to help teachers effectively integrate technology into the curriculum to promote academic excellence and student engagement.
ROLE OF THE INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT:
- Supports classroom teachers in their use of technology in the classroom
- Distributes timely information to staff on new technology tools, resources in the a monthly Ed Tech Newsletter.
- Plans and conducts training for a variety of district employees, ranging from district administrators to school staff members
- Researches new hardware, software and educational technology resources for teachers and makes recommendations on their acquisition for the district
- Participates in planning, implementation, and support of new instructional technology initiatives in the district
- Works with curriculum and content area staff to determine instructional technology needs
- Trains and supports the campus-based Technology Leadership Teams, which consist of classroom teachers and campus computer teachers/aide
- Serves teachers by looking for specific technology resources as requested
SEE THE LIST OF RESOURCE PAGES IN THE RIGHT-HAND MENU FOR RESOURCES, TOOLS, AND TUTORIALS FOR THE CLASSROOM.